Transformer Explosion and Fire
- An arc is generated due to internal fault in the Transformer.
- High energy flows through transformer.
- Leading to decomposition of insulation/oil at high temperature.
- Top oil surface attains temperature higher than ignition point.
- Huge thermal energy is generated thereby emitting combustible gases.
- Pressure built-up resulting in tank rupture normally at top cover.
- Hot oil when comes in contact with the oxygen catches fire.
- After explosion during the fire, conservator oil spreads in the surrounding further aggravating the fire .
- Use our N2 Injection transformer Explosion and Fire Protection System.