HYDERABAD: A four-storied commercial building at Begumpet was completely gutted in a major fire accident that started around 9am on Sunday. Fire started after a transformer located close to the building exploded due to overload with a hoarding on the first floor of the building catching fire.
LUDHIANA: A 100MVA transformer at the 220kV power grid of Punjab State Power Corporation Limited (PSPCL) in Lalto village caught fire at around 6pm on Friday evening bringing life to a halt across the city. Authorities said ''internal failure" caused the fire.
According to Hartford Steam Boiler, a major insurer of utility assets, more than 1,500 large transformers will fail in the U.S. alone during the coming year. Experience has shown that over 300 of these will explode and catch fire when they fail.
Middletown, Conn. (WTNH) - A transformer fire in Middletown has closed a school for the day and knocked out internet and e-mail access for staff. The fire happened on Jefferson Avenue in the vicinity of Woodrow Wilson Middle School. Here's what the school district posted this morning:
The fire that took place at SC colony of Vellatur village of Bhattiprolu mandal gutted about 140 thatched houses in the morning. According to information, sparks of fire emanated from a local power transformer ignited thatched houses.
A transformer fire was reported at Willys Avenue and Walnut Avenue in Arbutus. Crews from AVFD responded to find a blown transformer. The scene was secured for BGE. June 1: At 2:45 pm, a dumpster fire was reported at Chesapeake Bay
By KATHERINE JARVIS The Woodland Fire Department puts out the flames on a transformer at Armfield Avenue and B Street Wednesday afternoon. A transformer caught fire Wednesday afternoon at Armfield Avenue and B Street, cutting power to more than 2000 ...
A transformer in an underground electrical vault in Ridgewood blew Thursday night, sending smoke up through sidewalk grates on East Ridgewood Avenue and forcing the evacuation of the Clearview Warner Quad movie theater and three neighboring businesses.
UPDATE: East Ridgewood Avenue will remain closed to vehicles between Cottage Place and Walnut Street at least until 4 this afternoon while repairs are made following an underground transformer explosion and fire that sent smoke up through ...